Tuesday

The Beginning was a nightmare; I dream for the end.



Gray's Conclusion I Interlude:

Angie, I love you.

Aunt Vickie, I love you, Pilar, N'Dia, Beanie, Keren, Aaron Ab...
Yall on my heart....

(then I give shouts out to all my fam and closest friends, including my cat-literal cat- Nino and my dog-literal dog- Jonah)

The verse goes like this:

Ayo, the end is better than the beginning/ 
The finish line full of relief,
For some it can be full of defeat, if they ain't win it/
Join me in my race, set ready go, chase/ The prize got my eyes aligned wit my face/
So go get it, puma dassler's laced/ Graced with a mind to pace til' gravity waits...
Now, I can skip the ground breaking/ I don't have to relate much as I have to relay, 
Cause' this a relay y'all...
And Im a stallion, not a cheapskate/ YO, My talent not a keepsake/ 
I gotta pass the baton in this relay/
Yo, remember the latter is better than the former/ 
I told that to my father when my auntie was a goner/
He had gone through it for years/ a conduit for tears/ that she cried... and he sighed/
Man, I said it before, I'll say it again/ The beginning was a nightmare, I dream for the end/ 
I struggled with lust to the highest degree/ And my emotions had me higher than speed/
Needing to slow down/ created a ghost town/ with women as visitors, a/ prisoner I became/
To sinister mind games/ that I played/ Played a part of the start of my ministry/
And it's a part of me that.... fuels my artistry, but.... pulls my energy/ I can see my enemy/
Whatever, so what/ This just a movie, I gotta wait till' the credits go up/ 
Liz's father went to sleep, but he never woke up...
Now the opening scene be the day you found me/ 
And Imma keep my eyes fixed on that grand finale/
Chillin in Your thoughts as I follow Your character/ 
Lovin' Your law of Love and all the parameters/
No stallin' for the camera/ You're the only Star/ The Almighty Alpha, Conclusion of it all.

PEACE.


Ecclesiastes 7:8  I Jeremiah 29:11

And there it is. When I made the beat almost 6 years ago, I had no clue what it would become. It was a musical monologue. It was a journal entry of pure melody, no specific words. Memories were unlocked in that track and it was calling for more memories. So, I titled the beat, "Gray's Conclusion". It was simply my way of saying, I don't know how this will end. But it will end. 2010 had it's share of endings. Rest In Peace, Brother Terry Thomas, Aunt Bridgette, Leola Wilson, Elizabeth White, Mavrille's father. Some people ended their quest for the Lord and found Him; others ended their quest for the Lord and left Him. I'm so tired of my struggles. I hate my sin. But, the end will come. Soon enough. 








No comments:

Post a Comment